Become a TSIC Student!
Do you have a dream of attending college or a technical school? Do you have the drive and dedication to work hard? Take Stock in Children WANTS to help YOU succeed. It all starts right here.
Our program offers an incredible opportunity to students who are willing to participate fully and to meet program requirements consistently. Successful Take Stock participants receive college readiness support, mentoring and a Florida Prepaid Scholarship.
Program Eligibility Requirements Include:
- Verified income qualification
- Enrollment in 6th-9th grade at time of submission deadline
- Attendance at Sarasota County Public School
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Good attendance & behavior record
- Drug & Crime Free
- U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident
This is an ONLINE application process. Please have the following documents ready to upload BEFORE you begin the online application.
- Proof of financial eligibility –
- 2020 Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 with the student listed as a dependent
- Verification Letter for Free and Reduced Lunch services*
- Proof of US residency – copy of student’s social security card
- Proof of GPA and attendance/behavior eligibility – Official copy of 2021-2022 Semester 1 report card.** This can be downloaded from the Parent Portal at https://parentportal.sarasotacountyschools.net. (If application is submitted prior to completion of Semester 1, applicant should submit Quarter 1 report card and be prepared to submit Quarter 2 in January.)
* If you do not have your verification letter from Sarasota County Schools, but you have applied for benefits for the 2021-2022 school year, please call 941-486-2199 to receive a copy of your letter. If you have not applied for benefits for the 2021-2022 school year, you must do so BEFORE completing the Take Stock in Children New Student Application. Once completed, you will receive an email with the verification letter. Free and Reduced Lunch Application can be found here https://www.myschoolapps.com. More information about Free and Reduced Lunch in Sarasota County can be found here https://www.sarasotacountyschools.net/Page/1332.
**Official Report Card must come from the Sarasota County Schools Parent Portal. Screen shots or transcripts will not be accepted.